My uncle had a LP of MJ's music videos which was the source of motivation for me to visit Grandma over the weekend. I was probably only 6 years old, really liked my Grandma but didn't enjoy her consistent chatter. I didn't mind it but there was absolutely nothing else for me to do there but watch sesame street and the MJ LP. My favourite video had to be "Thriller", which I watched it over and over again. I was fascinated by the story plot, the dance moves and of course, the creepy zombies. Actually, I still think that that was probably the best MTV i've ever seen.
During my teens, there were MJ songs which I'd play repeatedly and even sang along to them.
MJ's scandals didn't bother me. I felt more disturbed by how drastically he was transforming physically over the years. He was getting whiter, always potraying a pale and sad figure whenever he was photographed not trying to hide his face in any manner. He seemed tormented by what the world and media were talking about him. I was guilty of scoffing at the extent of plastic surgery he underwent and I had always wondered why did he have to do that. Would life had been better for him if he hadn't done anything to his physical self? His life probably wouldn't have to end this way.
A week has passed and nobody is certain how MJ died. I have become uninterested by now and really, it does not matter. It's not going to change how he has been perceived by the media. Maybe it would be better left unknown and let the King of Pop be remembered for the good he had done.

No comments:
Post a Comment